Sunday, January 12, 2014

My expectations from this class

Personally, I consider this class the unusual one from my schedule this quarter as it is the only class that doesn’t come directly from the computer science program (however, it is related).  Nonetheless, I feel that learning about entrepreneurship and business in general is highly valuable as all computer science work has business ties and being able to relate to both areas will benefit me.  This way, I will not end up becoming the developer who develops for the sake of itself and forgets about the customers and what they want.

In this class I hope to find out about what it takes to get a business started.  It is without a doubt that in the past I have considered starting a small business (or, what might seem to be a business) with a small team by working together to create simple apps, but in hindsight I am glad I did not proceed to start without a basic understanding of what makes a business work and not work.  It has become apparent that there are already simple details like determining an audience to market to and how revenue would be split that I would not have even considered.  I am also sure there are many more details to consider as the “Business Plan” that I will be creating later this quarter seems lengthy and comprehensive.  Thus, it is through taking this class that I hope to find this answer and be able to run my own business, or at least maintain business ideals in my future computer science work.

No comments:

Post a Comment